“Sucralose's (Splenda) Harms Vastly Underestimated: Baking Releases Dioxin”
Written By: Sayer Ji, Founder
Warning: Avoid sucralose (Splenda®).
Why the worry? Several reasons, actually.
- When heated, sucralose breaks down and releases many toxic chemicals, including dioxins.
- A 2013 Italian study linked sucralose to leukemia.
- Sucralose inhibits the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut (gastrointestinal tract).
- Sucralose may actually increase blood sugar and insulin levels, thereby increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Sucralose escapes water treatment systems, exposing unsuspecting victims to its toxic effects.
- Sucralose “bio-accumulates”. It isn’t broken down the way natural sugars are. Instead, it persists and accumulates over time, increasing the likelihood of toxicity, affecting even those trying to avoid it.
- Ongoing studies suggest that sucralose causes DNA damage (think cancer and birth defects)
- Sucralose affects important detoxification pathways in the liver.
Note: © [March 20, 2016] GreenMedInfo LLC. This work is reproduced and distributed with the permission of GreenMedInfo LLC. Want to learn more from GreenMedInfo? Sign up for the newsletter here http://www.greenmedinfo.com/greenmed/newsletter.