As a board certified Family Practitioner, Dr. Elliott is convinced that the way medicine is conventionally taught and practiced is simply inadequate. Too often we focus on treating symptoms rather than searching for root causes. Too quickly do we reach for the prescription pad in response to the “what” rather than asking the “why.” Too often we simply accept the notion that the aging process is one of inevitably advancing frailty, fatigue, and debility.
Believing that there has to be a healthier, more holistic approach to optimizing wellness, Dr. Elliott has intentionally pursued advanced training. Now, having completed fellowship training in the cutting-edge specialty of Anti-Aging, Regenerative, and Functional Medicine, he embraces the underlying tenets that:
• DePauw University, Summa Cum Laude, 1980 — Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and Economics
• Duke University Divinity School, Magna Cum Laude, 1983 – Master of Divinity
• Indiana University School of Medicine, 1996 – Doctor of Medicine
• Ball Memorial Family Practice Residency Program, 1999
• American Board of Family Medicine – Initial Board Certification, 1999; Re-certification 2006
• American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Completed Fellowship and Conferred title of “Diplomate,” 2008
What others are saying:
I was struggling with chronic hives, fatigue, weight gain and high blood pressure. Life stressors, left me physically, spiritually, and emotionally zapped. Dr. Elliott was referred to me and because it was close to my work, I thought I would see what he could do for me. I was amazed that in our first meeting, he spent over an hour just getting to know me. He was interested in me, not just my symptoms. In turn, he has been able to suggest tests and supplements for my uniqueness as an individual. It’s only been about 6 months since I first met Dr. Elliott, but my life has been profoundly changed. I am now sleeping better, I am no longer fatigued easily, I no longer struggle with hives, and my blood pressure is under control.